Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on credit

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Impact on credit

Since I applied for 3 cards last week and got  approved.  I know my credit going take a hit. Should I go ahead and ask for a credit increase on my home depot which I know going be a hard inquiry. Do you know what the time span is for credit increase for home depot because they did give me a increase I think in the spring without asking but its not large enough. Im in process of buying house and wanted to buy refrigerator after closing which would make the card almost max out which I dont want to do.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Impact on credit

@elaine829 wrote:

Since I applied for 3 cards last week and got  approved.  I know my credit going take a hit. Should I go ahead and ask for a credit increase on my home depot which I know going be a hard inquiry. Do you know what the time span is for credit increase for home depot because they did give me a increase I think in the spring without asking but its not large enough. Im in process of buying house and wanted to buy refrigerator after closing which would make the card almost max out which I dont want to do.

There is no set time limit for them to give you another credit limit increase.  It may happen someday, then again they may never raise it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.