cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on score when removed as AU on older account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Impact on score when removed as AU on older account.

I have been removed as an  AU on my mom's credit card. I did this because the monthly payment was being calculated into my DTI ratio when applying for a mortgage. I am hoping this will result in an increase in my credit score because it has a high utilization. My question is, is it better not to have it removed because it is my oldest account and has always been paid on time? I have 3 cards that have a high utilization right now , 3 that have under 30% and 3 that are paid off. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Impact on score when removed as AU on older account.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been removed as an  AU on my mom's credit card. I did this because the monthly payment was being calculated into my DTI ratio when applying for a mortgage. I am hoping this will result in an increase in my credit score because it has a high utilization. My question is, is it better not to have it removed because it is my oldest account and has always been paid on time? I have 3 cards that have a high utilization right now , 3 that have under 30% and 3 that are paid off. 

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

Mortgage lenders will not include the AU account in their Fico calculations so I would just leave it alone but verify it reports as terminated and 0 balance. You have too many accounts with balances you want 1 card reporting no more than 9% of its CL to the CRAs so I would take care of that too prior to apping for the mortgage. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Impact on score when removed as AU on older account.

You say mortgage lenders will not include the account in their FICO calculation. My mortgage broker is the one that suggested I get taken off the account because of its high utilization. I'm just wondering will the benefit of getting rid of a high utilization card be canceled out by losing an old account? You're saying it won't do anything at all because lenders won't use it?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.