Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important: TransUnion Issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Important: TransUnion Issues

On a number of boards, especially CreditBoards, people are reporting changes (some of them huge changes) in their TransUnion reports.

Specificially:

1) Old accounts gone. I lost half of my tradelines.
2) Old deleted accounts reinserted, especially derogatory accounts.
3) Existing accounts reporting in newly wrong ways (such as included in bankruptcy when the person had never filed bankruptcy).
4) Other people's files mixed in with theirs.

On the up side, it looks like they've added some other things, like updating creditor names and so on.

Anyhow, I encourage y'all to check your TransUnion report by the means of your choice (though I'm sure our sponsors would like you to pull your FICO report) just to double-check that everything's hunky dory.

For me, my FICO went up 8 points, but others have reported 100 point losses.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not mine (in regards to a split file)

Just got True credit this month. My file is not that large to begin with. Also what I have noticed so far. An account last date of activity 1999, discharged in BK now shows last date 1999, closed Jan 2007 Also my school loan is currently in deferrment but has the same listing as the accounts included in BK. I did not loose accounts an old one came back but it came back as NEW that is why I believe I had an alomost 100 pt drop. When it originally deleted I did not gain that many points (I think since it was so old was not hurting as much) now it looks brand new, My fear is I was supposed to go get approved for a mortgage this week
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dolly, you've got the special handling #s, right? I know...

Dolly, you've got the special handling #s, right? I know you also posted on CB.

In my case, I lost 25 of my 50 tradelines.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes!!  Luckily I haven't had that issue I know if a col...

Yikes!!  Luckily I haven't had that issue I know if a collection is bumped of andf the creditor is still updating, monthly, quarterly whatever it will come back even aftyer its bumped.  As long as its reporting the correct DOLD or opening date it should effect the FICO score much.  TU will look at paying off an account as a new collection if it hasn't been updated in a while as that happened to me. FOCO removed that bug.

I did have one disappear early.  It was sched to be removed in June of this year but I had paid it off long ago so it was reflecting a 0 balance.  Hopefully, the creditor won't bother updating this one adding it back to my file.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This appears to be a side effect of some massive computer...

This appears to be a side effect of some massive computer changes, not just affecting a few people.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope the negative effects bypass me.

Skiffy wrote:
This appears to be a side effect of some massive computer changes, not just affecting a few people.

Got my fingers crossed it doesn't hit me.  May reports pulled in a certain time frame?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone called TU special handling this morning, and they...

Someone called TU special handling this morning, and they did indeed have a major database change this weekend. That person definitely had a split file.

Much as it pains me, perhaps I should get mine fixed.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion problem

Well they told me there was no problem but that it was reporting wrong. Macy's agreed I called them to and TU was going to call and verify. They told me that it could take up to 1 month but that it should be cleared up quickly and to call by the end if the week
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is gone!!!!

Now my score is 686! Amazing: 3/29: 649 4/1: 575 4/2: 686!! Also a CA that should not have been there was removed thanks all
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.