Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Improving Score

Okay so my current credit score is 559, although the Equifax says 570. I have one major credit card, two store credit cards, and a student loan which I don't have to pay off yet (only about $1,200). My current balance on my major credit card is $1,600 (limit $1,750), although today I paid off $480 (it's still pending). One of the store cards I never used, the other I had a $13 balance which I never knew about (the statements were online, and I thought I paid the whole balance off), and that became delinquent (pretty stupid for only $13 but it was over two months late). I paid that off last Friday. 

The reason I bring all this up is because I'm trying to get a new (used, 2007) Jeep. What I'm wondering is, after the $480 I paid off is done pending (should be after today), how much do you think it will affect my credit score and how soon? I realize there is no time table, but if you had past experiences I would appreciate if you could share. I'm trying to get a 600 credit score so I can get a lower interest rate. I do have a co-signer, but since I'm the primary, they are going by my score. The delinquent account that I paid has yet to affect it, and I realize that will take time. Any suggestions to quickly improve my score? Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Improving Score

If you had at least another $500 or $600 to pay down your credit card that would help alot.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.