cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate data shown by FICO not Credit Bureaus

tag
MrRebuilder

Inaccurate data shown by FICO not Credit Bureaus

Credit Bureaus received an invalid judgement on my report. I filed a dispute and it was removed completely, not a trace left. FICO continues to say in my report that I missed a payment. Credit Bureaus fixed the error but FICO has not, what can I do?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Inaccurate data shown by FICO not Credit Bureaus

@MrRebuilder wrote:
Credit Bureaus received an invalid judgement on my report. I filed a dispute and it was removed completely, not a trace left. FICO continues to say in my report that I missed a payment. Credit Bureaus fixed the error but FICO has not, what can I do?
When you say FICO, are your referring to SW?  If so, SW will monitor your credit report and it can take 10 business days for those changes to be refelected with any CMS

Message 2 of 5
MrRebuilder

I'm sorry, new to forum and have no clue what SW and CMS mean. To expand on my story, my FICO score in January was 664 (provided by myFICO). I was hit with a judgement that did not belong to me. My score dropped to 623. I quickly filed a dispute and the judgement was removed from all credit bureaus. The judgement is gone but the huge drop in score remained. I have verified in person that the judgement is gone, but my FICO score did not bounce back. To this day FICO is still punishing me for a judgement that was never mine and was fully removed.
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@MrRebuilder wrote:
I'm sorry, new to forum and have no clue what SW and CMS mean. To expand on my story, my FICO score in January was 664 (provided by myFICO). I was hit with a judgement that did not belong to me. My score dropped to 623. I quickly filed a dispute and the judgement was removed from all credit bureaus. The judgement is gone but the huge drop in score remained. I have verified in person that the judgement is gone, but my FICO score did not bounce back. To this day FICO is still punishing me for a judgement that was never mine and was fully removed.

SW = Scorewatch

CMS= Credit Monitoring Service

From the SW guide:

Reasons why you may not receive a Score Watch alert

Changes that don’t trigger Score Alerts or Credit Alerts:

• A balance decrease won’t trigger a Credit Alert.
  • The removal of an item from the credit report will not trigger a Credit Alert.
  • During the 7-10 days between Score Alert checks (when there are no Credit Alerts), the score can change multiple times between these Score Alert checks and the monitoring system won’t be aware of them – resulting in some score changes occurring without Score Alerts being generated.
  • Changes that that are not specifically listed in the table below will not trigger an alert.

Reasons why your Score Alert or Credit Alert may arrive late or not at all:

• There is often a delay of 30-60 days in the reporting of updated trade line, collection, and public record information from the source of the information to Equifax.
  • Alerts often get caught in spam filters, so check there first if you believe you should have already received an alert.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  How did you resolve this?  I have the same exact problem. Negative data removed from Experian but still showing on Fico and Credit Report.com..  How do you correct it?  Fico says I have to contact Experian. I did that several times and Experian says they can't help me they have corrected it and their report is correct.  However the third parties are reporting them as late payments still!  I am at a loss.  Please help.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.