Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive account dropped off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inactive account dropped off

I just thought I would post. I had an old account closed due to inactivity and it raised my TrueCredit Experian score by 11 points.  No baddies on this account, so a change due to pure inactivity.

Now if only I could figure out a way to get my old closed student loans to drop off faster.....Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inactive account dropped off

I believe TC uses Vantage scoring model. I believe FICO likes things to stay on unless they are inactive then they are probably ignored. Your student installment loan is not a negative unless you had negative history on it.

Edited... But if you had negatives on anything that is near ready to drop off. YES. That can increase your score. Bad tradelines falling off is good. But if you always paid on time you do not want them to fall off as they help usually.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-25-2007 10:31 AM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

But when I pull my reports through FICO I get statements like "Too many accounts" showing up. If I only have 5 revolving, student loan, and installment accounts -- but 15+ student loan accounts that are closed but still show on my report.

So why the flag on my report next to number of accounts if they aren't looking at the high number as derogatory?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sillygirl wrote:
But when I pull my reports through FICO I get statements like "Too many accounts" showing up.

Tuscani commented on a wording change here.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what it shows exactly on my Equifax report through MyFICO:

Total number of Accounts [?] 30 Accounts with balances [?] 5 Accounts opened in past year [?] 0 Recent inquiries [?] 1 Collections [?] 0 Public Records [?] 0

Red Flag= Marks an aspect of your credit that is hurting your FICO score.

Here's my Experian report:

Total number of Accounts [?] 38 Accounts with balances [?] 7 Accounts opened in past year [?] 0 Recent inquiries [?] 0 Collections [?] 0 Public Records [?] 0

And here's my TransUnion:

Total number of Accounts [?] 35 Accounts with balances [?] 5 Accounts opened in past year [?] 0 Recent inquiries [?] 0 Collections [?] 0 Public Records [?] 0

So they all say the same thing. I have not applied for credit since 2005 (Auto purchase) and my credit history is 17 years .  All of these reports were pulled on June 19th, so I believe this is the newest format on MyFICO.

So why the flag if they don't frown upon too many accounts?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.