Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Increased util lead to score bump?

So I have about 10% util currently, and I'd like to get that much lower and will do so in the next few months.

However, when I use the score simulator on my Exp Plus score, my score goes down if I reduce util further and UP if I increase util 16-29%.
Is this at all representative of how FICO would react in the same situation?
I will NOT BE increasing util, however LOL! Not a chance.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
pizzadude

Re: Increased util lead to score bump?

I wouldn't recommend trying to predict FICO scoring based on the EX plus simulator.

My guess is that you'll see a FICO score drop if your utilization increases.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Regular Contributor
bluescale

Re: Increased util lead to score bump?

This isn't the exact same situation, but I had something similar happen to me with Credit Karma's FACO TU score.  It showed that if I went from 97% utilization to 4% utlization, my score would drop from 718 to 650.  Sure enough, when the report updated on Friday, my score dropped to 650.  I purchased my score here to make sure that hadn't really happened.  On this site my TU score went from 690 to 751.  I'm going to assume TU04 reacted teh same way.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+