Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inproving my score?

tag
jeacs31

Inproving my score?

Hello,
I have a question about building credit and MyFico Score.
My current scores are TU 671/EQ 601/ EX 636. My credit is only a year and a half old so so the short history is hurting me. I have 2 credit cards which i've PIF last month but one is still showing a high balance. I have an auto loan and a loan with citi financial, which is a consumer finance account so it's also lowering my score. This weekend, i applied for and got a JCP and a Dillard's. I don't have any late payments and have about 8 inquiries. My question is.. what can i do in the next few months to improve my score?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inproving my score?

Let one credit card report a small balance (I find I get the most points when my credit card reports 1% (and lose 3 points when it reports 3%)

As the inquiries age your score will go up.....Sometimes at the 6 month mark people see a couple of points......

Also I wouldn't apply for anything else...if you maintain your existing credit cards in time they will raise your limits and give you more available credit that way instead of obtaining more cards.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inproving my score?

Do not forget that once you have the accounts a 0 balance, you keep them open.  Do not close.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.