Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inq"s 2 same date and company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inq"s 2 same date and company

I applied for instore credit from bestbuy and the CSR told me that I was approved for the Best Buy store card and that I was also approved for the Best Buy rewards Mastercard at the same time.At the, time I only applied for the store card is this standard to receive another card or is this something the retailers do to open as many new accounts as they can. My main concern is this going to count as one single INQ or will it count as two they are both pulled on the same date and time from Best Buy how will this affect my FICO score. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inq"s 2 same date and company

The INQ's should de-duplcate
Even if they don't they will be counted as 1 in scorng.

How the new accounts and INQ's affect your scoring depends on how this affected your avg age, utilization, current score, how many other inq's, how many accounts were opened in the last year.

credit08 wrote:
I applied for instore credit from bestbuy and the CSR told me that I was approved for the Best Buy store card and that I was also approved for the Best Buy rewards Mastercard at the same time.At the, time I only applied for the store card is this standard to receive another card or is this something the retailers do to open as many new accounts as they can. My main concern is this going to count as one single INQ or will it count as two they are both pulled on the same date and time from Best Buy how will this affect my FICO score. Thanks

Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:

Why?  I thought that was cars amd mortgages, not credit cards?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

INQ's from the same source are deduplicated-

An example is my Amex inq's I have 4 - but count as 1 in scoring.

MidnightVoice wrote:

Timothy wrote:

Why?  I thought that was cars amd mortgages, not credit cards?

Message 4 of 6
nicemann
Established Contributor

Wow did not know that.  So I already have a HSBC hitting my report about 3 months ago, them doing a hard pull for a CLI shouldn't effect it too much more?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually Not 1 point.

nicemann wrote:
Wow did not know that.  So I already have a HSBC hitting my report about 3 months ago, them doing a hard pull for a CLI shouldn't effect it too much more?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.