Did you mean: 

Inquires>>>>>

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquires>>>>>

Hello everyone

I have an issue

I have decent credit scores (TRANS: 710, EXQ: 663, Expe: 698)

I think one thing thats hurting me is my inquires. I have 13!#!#!#!#!#!#!!!!!!!!

How do I go about improving this....Do i contact each one and have them remove each one...

I know having over 8 is bad, This must be a factor in applying for new credit

Thanks again

Andre

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquires>>>>>

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone

I have an issue

I think one thing thats hurting me is my inquires. I have 13!#!#!#!#!#!#!!!!!!!!

How do I go about improving this....Do i contact each one and have them remove each one...

Thanks again

Andre

Welcome to the forums.

One thing I will ask is where did you get those scores? No one has been able to pull their own Experian score since mid-February. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myfico. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money. You can also purchase your Equifax score at www.equifax.com and your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com.

Who told you more than 8 inquiries was bad? How old are those 13? How did they get on your reports? Were they for applications for credit? In any case inquiries only affect your score for one year although they remain listed on your reports for 2 years.

Message 2 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Avilll008 wrote:

Hello everyone

I have an issue

Thanks again

Andre

As long as the inquiries are accurate (i.e. yours) you have to wait two years for them to fall off your CBR's. (FICO no longer considers them in your score calculation after one year.) Disputing valid information may lead to very undesirable results, including your being labeled as a frivolous disputer and having your subsequent disputes ignored. Best to save your disputing for truly incorrect information,

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who told you more than 8 inquiries was bad? How old are those 13? How did they get on your reports? Were they for applications for credit? In any case inquiries only affect your score for one year although they remain listed on your reports for 2 years.

I read that a lot in  short period is bad. Of the 13, 7 of them are from this year alone. They were all application for credit.

I really appreciate the help

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I read that a lot in  short period is bad. Of the 13, 7 of them are from this year alone. They were all application for credit.

You may want to pull your true FICO scores so that you know where you stand for sure.

As to the inquiries, 7 are quite a few for one year. The best thing you can do for right now is not to apply for anything new. The last thing you want is more inquiries on your reports. Only patience and time will take care of having too many inquiries.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot 

BTW

I was planning on getting a new car soon....Will these inquires (even though they were for credit cards) effect my application for financing a new car???

Andre Villarreal 

Thanks again 

Message 6 of 8
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot 

BTW

I was planning on getting a new car soon....Will these inquires (even though they were for credit cards) effect my application for financing a new car???

Andre Villarreal 

Thanks again 

Hi Andre,

Yes, all these inquiries could negatively impact your auto financing...because they negatively impact your FICO scores. You likely can get financed, but where it could make a difference is in the interest rate, terms, amount, etc. you will be offered. Are any of these inquiries close to a year old? If so, you may want to wait to apply for anything until some of your inquiries have had their 1st birthday.

Message 7 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot 

BTW

Andre Villarreal 

Thanks again 

INQ's count in two regards: 1) they effect your FICO scores for one year and 2) they are there to be seen/counted for two years. So yes, the large number of INQ's you have could effect your car financing.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.