Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries - Quick question

tag
Nolan34
Contributor

Inquiries - Quick question

I heard that inquiries stay on your CR for 2 years. When I log into my myfico dashboard, it shows only one year of inquries (may 15- may 16). Is this one year of inquries impacting my credit, did the other year fall of or do they all figure in my together?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries - Quick question

They stay on your report for 2 years but only impact your scores for 1 year.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Neither period is regulated under the FCRA. 

They are both based on their own administrative determinations, one by Fair Isaac and the other by the CRAs,

The CRAs have administratively decided to discontinue inquiries after two years, both because they feel their customers dont want to see inquiries older than two years, and to retrieve the immense database space needed to store all that info.  It can be done earlier or later at the discretion of the CRA,

Fair Isaac has separately determined that inquiries are not a substantial factor in their risk analysis after one year, so have discontinued their scoring after a year.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

So with that said, I'm thinking the ones that are showing are the relevant ones that still factor in. The ones not more than a year old yet. That is my guess.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

myFICO made the choice to simply display the inquiries within the last year; anything beyond that since it isn't counted in any of the FICO algorithms, was simply ignored, likely as superfluous fluff.  

It bothered me at one point, but recently trying to sort through CK's inquiry list attempting to figure out when they will be excluded (soon cat, soon!) has given me a new appreciation for the MF method of just focusing on ones that matter.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.