cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries after shopping around for auto loan.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries after shopping around for auto loan.

First of all, sorry for any mistakes, the English is my second language.
I recently found out my summary of inquiries. That is what I got. (I using TransUnion site - TrueCredit, since Dec 06) I came in US less than 2 years.
INQUIRIES (2 years): TU 9 EX 5 EQ 3
Last 8 inquiries was made than I looked for auto loan.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CREDCO *****08/17/2007*** Experian
FA CREDCO **08/17/2007*** Equifax
CITIZENSBK *08/17/2007*** Equifax
CAP ONE AF *08/17/2007*** Equifax
VLLY NAT BK 08/17/2007*** TransUnion
COAF *******08/17/2007*** TransUnion
BK OF AMER**08/17/2007*** TransUnion
CREDCO IMS**08/17/2007*** TransUnion

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIRST USA NA****** 08/02/2007 ***TransUnion
WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN 07/06/2007 ***Experian
AMEX *************06/16/2007*** Experian
CREDCO************* 11/25/2006*** Experian
CREDCO IMS********* 11/25/2006*** TransUnion
CHASE *************11/25/2006 ***TransUnion
BK OF AMER *********10/15/2006 ***TransUnion
BANK OF AMERICA****** 07/19/2006*** Experian
BK OF AMER *********07/19/2006 ***TransUnion
How I know, I have 14 days for shopping around for a auto loan or mortgage and all inquiries to one bureau have to accounts like ONE !!!(may be somebody give me a link with a proof of that.)
If that is true, my summary of inquiries supposed to look like:
TU 9-4+1=6***** EX 5-3+1=3 *****EQ 3-1+1=3
I also have the same on date 11/25/06, where I have 2 inquiries to 1 bureau(it was auto loan). Is it have to accounted like ONE? Please explaine to me, who is wrong? I am or bureau? And what can I do?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiries after shopping around for auto loan.

FICO scoring has a "de-duplication window" and it looks at your history for the last 12 months, and when it sees two or more hard inqs for the same type of mortgage or auto loan it will ignore all but one of them as far as scoring is concerned. If the lender is using an older FICO scoring model the window is 14 days, if they are using the newest model it can be 45 days.

Also keep in mind that even though the multiple inqs count as one in FICO scoring, all of the inqs will continue to show on your reports for up to 2 years.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got 4 inquiries 08/17/2007 on TransUnion for statistic, but accounted like ONE for updating Score?
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Only concern yourself with FICO scoring. With FICO scores you essentially have 1 inq for each FICO score, the rest have no impact on your scores. Now how each CRA treats these multiple inqs I don't know. Scores from the bureaus except EQ, which is the same as FICO EQ, are FAKOs and lenders very, very rarely use these scores.

P.S. Have you read the credit scoring 101 thread?

Message Edited by fused on 10-23-2007 06:04 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there is nothing I can(have to) fix in CR(no mistakes). All I can do is don`t get new inquiries. P.S. thanks, I did.

Message Edited by Asset on 10-23-2007 09:38 PM
Message 5 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, nothing you can do except enjoy your new ride.Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All inquiries, including those you make, are included on your complete credit report, but only those you have authorized for new credit or to obatin a CL increase are normally counted as hard pulls that affect credit score.  Want to see a definitive listing of each inquiry on your CR, and more importantly, whether it was a hard or soft pull,  and why?  Simple to do.  MyFico shows only hard pulls.  It does not provide all inquiries, but ALL those included in your full credit report can be viewed when you get your free EQ report from annualcreditreport.com, along with the prefix explaining the specific type of each individual inquiry.Only hard inquiries are provided by myFico, but the free report gives you all inquiries, hard and soft, and their specific type.   If you have not ordered this free (yes, really free which no hitches, as mandated by federal law) credit report in the last year, I urge you to get the full picture. There are seven types of inquiries. Simply compare your myFico report with the annualcreditreport.com full report, and you will see each inquiry, and can tell whether it was a hard pull (listed on your myFico EQ report)  or soft pull, which is shown only on your expanded annualcreditreoprt.com report.  Here are the exact definitions as provided on the EQ credit report obtained thru annualcreditreport.com:

PRM: Inquiries with this prefix indicate that your name and address were given to a credit grantor so they can provide you a firm offer of credit or insurance.(PRM inquiries remain for 12 months). 

AM or AR: Inquiries with these prefixes indicate a periodic review of your credit history by one of your creditors. (AM and AR inquiries remain for 12 months)

EMPL: Inquiries with this prefix indicate an employment inquiry.(EMPL inquiries remain for 24 months)

PR: Inquiries with this prefix indicate that a creditor reviewed you account as part of a portfolio they are purchasing.(PR inquiries remain for 12 months)

Equifax or EFX: Inquiries with this prefix indicate Equifax’s activity in response to your contact with them for a copy of your credit file of a research request.

ND: Inquiries with this prefix are general inquiries that do not display to credit grantors.(ND inquiries remain for 24 months)

MR: Inquiries with this prefix indicate the reissue of a mortgage credit report containing information from your Equifax credit file to another company in connection with a mortgage loan. (ND MR inquiries remain for 24 months)

Important:  Note that "Remaining on your credit report"  does NOT mean that it affects your credit score unless it is a hard pull!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.