Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Visitor

I thought that hard inquiries only stay on your report for 2 years, but this past March 2nd will be exactly 2 years from my first hard inquiry and it is still on there. Are inquiries on there forever? Or do they eventually go away since they are not recent? I know that they don't really count unless they are within the last 12 months, but I was hoping they would get erased off my report. If anybody knows, this would be great, thanks!
New Visitor

They should go off by end of the month..I had situation h...

They should go off by end of the month..I had situation happened to me ...
New Contributor

Is there any method to get your inquiries, or at least th...

Is there any method to get your inquiries, or at least the majority of them, removed from your CR before the 2 year period?  There seems to be a method out there for everything else in the world to help out us consumers.  Smiley Happy  I have a lot of inquiries over the past 2 years, obviously no fault but my own, but I HATE seeing them on my CR and would like to get rid of them ASAP.  Does anyone know of a method or procedure to get around the 2 year deal?  TIA.
Frequent Contributor

There is a way to possible get them off sooner

[ Edited ]
You can write a letter to the creditor that pulled your records and request that they remove their inquiry. If you did not sign anything agreeing to let them pull your CR then you may want to point that out to them. If you did get permission you may want to ask them to do a good will and remove the inquire. Some times they will do this and sometimes they just dont want to take the time. But you can try there.

Message Edited by nikkoslilmouse on 03-18-2007 09:34 AM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.