Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries

Moobs wrote:

I had 1 (of 2 total) inquiry fall off yesterday, so I bought my score today. It went up 3 points. I wouldn't be too worried about a couple inqs on your report.

I agree, but it should be noted that the higher one's score is to start with, the more inquiries will hurt.

My fiancee has scores in the 760s and 770s and lost 15 points on EQ for two inquiries.

I, on the other hand, with scores in the 710s, just had inquiry #8 report to EQ and lost nothing.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-08-2008 12:36 AM
Message 11 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Just reinforces the fact that fiancees are important, but can always gain from you more!
GL

Message Edited by RobertEG on 03-07-2008 11:58 PM
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had my credit reports pulled in January to purchase my car that was inquiry #4, but by the time I apply for the mortgage two will drop off and I will end up with 2 (one 9 months old and the other 6 months old) so I can hope that because of this maybe it will even itself out. thanks everyone!
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still suggest you buy your reports now and later. I will reiterate my first post when I said if you are looking to spend money on a house, $50 now on all three reports could save you much more than that on your payments later.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moobs wrote:
I still suggest you buy your reports now and later. I will reiterate my first post when I said if you are looking to spend money on a house, $50 now on all three reports could save you much more than that on your payments later.

It's only around $38 with the discount codes floating around out there.

Message 15 of 21
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All auto and mortgage inquires made within the last 30 days are not even considered in FICO scoring, period.  Sure, after then becoming older than 30 days, then, and only then does the FICO algorithm look at the 14 or 45-day "shopping period" and count them as only one inquiry within each rolling, shopping period.  But if under 30 days, they do NOT count in your score, at all.
Check out the "Credit Education" tab under "inquiries" at the top of the myFICO home page.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's only around $38 with the discount codes floating around out there.

True. And that only further substantiates my claim that it will save him MUCH more in time and money than he will spend on his payments.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moobs wrote:

True. And that only further substantiates my claim that it will save him MUCH more in time and money than he will spend on his payments.

Yep.  I wasn't arguing with you.  I was agreeing with you. Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know you weren't. I just wanted to point that out for the original poster.
Message 19 of 21
rom828
Established Contributor

Does the inquiry (for CC) hurt worse if you don't get approved ? 

I took a 2 point ding for a store card (approved).  Only had 2 inqs last year--that card and for my mortgage (2 point  hit for it also, 3 insq but counted as one--broker did on  same day)

Have rec'd several pre-aprovs for citibank and wanted to give a couple a shot,  and also wanted to apply for Home Depot card, but don't want to take big hits on my report.

Any thoughts?

FICO scores:  TU 654  EX 640  EQ633
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.