New Visitor
HNCP6

Inquiries

My credit score was up to 770 last year now it is at 670. I pay all my bills on time and have paid downbalances to be below 20% of the credit line. I not that there are 4 inquiries in the blast 60 days but I have not sought any credit. I have been told inquiries can hammer my credit score. How do I stop the inquiries?
Established Member
Vi1976

Re: Inquiries

You can actually dispute these items with the credit bureaus and they should delete them within 30 days.
New Contributor
Diamond

If u have 4 had inquiries in the last 60 days and u have not applied for any credit u will definitely want to dispute and maybe even setup a fraud alert. If u are married make sure your spouse didnt apply for anything for u.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Remember, just because you did not apply for credit does not mean the companies who pulled your reports did not have permissable purpose.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+