Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry didn't drop score??

tag
eonxblue
Established Member

Inquiry didn't drop score??

I had an inquiry for a Capital One credit card post on July 20th. I'm subscribed to scorewatch and I still haven't seen my score drop!

This is my first inquiry in a while and I don't have any other inquiries posted within the last 12 months. Still, what's the deal with SW??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiry didn't drop score??

Would you rather have a score drop? Smiley Tongue   IME, most of my inquiries resulted in no FICO change. I used to pull the day of the app and the day after to track the changes. It's always a YMMV per person based on their credit.

Message 2 of 3
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Inquiry didn't drop score??

@llecs wrote:

Would you rather have a score drop? Smiley Tongue   IME, most of my inquiries resulted in no FICO change. I used to pull the day of the app and the day after to track the changes. It's always a YMMV per person based on their credit.

i found this out last month, ive gotten six cards in the last two months, no score drops

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.