Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry question

This may be basic, but I am applying for a mortgage this month (pre-approval) and had a question about when point damage from an inquiry is in effect.  In other words, if (for the sake of arguement) a single inquiry decreases my fico by 5 points, is the point damage evident in that specific FICO score pull, or does it take a second pull from a lender to see the score decrease?

My FICO is 750.  Will the lender see (assuming they pull the same FICO version) 750 or 745? again assuming for the sake of arguement that 5 points is the damage from a single inquiry.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiry question

TowerHill wrote:

This may be basic, but I am applying for a mortgage this month (pre-approval) and had a question about when point damage from an inquiry is in effect.  In other words, if (for the sake of arguement) a single inquiry decreases my fico by 5 points, is the point damage evident in that specific FICO score pull, or does it take a second pull from a lender to see the score decrease?

My FICO is 750.  Will the lender see (assuming they pull the same FICO version) 750 or 745? again assuming for the sake of arguement that 5 points is the damage from a single inquiry.  Thanks!

No, that inquiry is not factored into the score that is pulled by the LO/lender.  It will be seen on subsequent pulls, and may have an impact on your score.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends on who the inq was made by

If it was to another auto or mortgaqge lender within a 14 day window, then it "de-duputes" the inq as only one,if made within that window.  Otherwise, it is a new hard inq.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.