Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment accounts not updating?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment accounts not updating?

We have two installment accounts (one student loan and one car note) that, while they seem to be updating the balances (the car note's not updated TU with the recent balance), they haven't updated the payment history since September '08. So, whereas all of our other accounts have "OK's" all the way up to Dec/Jan, those two still only have as far as September.

My question is, if we can manage to "dispute" (I don't know what else you'd call it) the recent history as being un-updated, would that result in an increase in DH's scores? Does FICO really give a doodly-squat about how recently it was updated, or does it just look for uglies in payment history?

Thanks much in advance!!

Hope ya'll had an awesome New Year!!
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Installment accounts not updating?

I wouldn't dispute it out of risk for bad consequences. I'd let it be for a while longer to see if they update. FICO looks mainly at the baddies. Utilization for installment accounts does come into play, but I don't think you wiped out enough principal between then and now to impact your score. And most changed would likely come from the anniversary of the account, and FICO still is reading that, despite the lack of an update.

Per the bad things, the CRA may wipe it off your CR. In rare examples, the OC could close the account.

I was in the same boat this time last year. I had a couple CCs and one car note that didn't update for several months. Then one day....poof. They updated. TU is weird.

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't dispute it out of risk for bad consequences. I'd let it be for a while longer to see if they update. FICO looks mainly at the baddies. Utilization for installment accounts does come into play, but I don't think you wiped out enough principal between then and now to impact your score. And most changed would likely come from the anniversary of the account, and FICO still is reading that, despite the lack of an update.

Per the bad things, the CRA may wipe it off your CR. In rare examples, the OC could close the account.

I was in the same boat this time last year. I had a couple CCs and one car note that didn't update for several months. Then one day....poof. They updated. TU is weird.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

*sigh*

Thanks, Ilecs. I was just looking for quick FICO boost opportunities. I thought that perhaps, if the recent GOOD history was updated, it might give DH a better score on the off chance that CW does another pull before closing.

The higher his FICOs, the better I'll sleep at night!!! And since closing's supposed to be the 20th, I need all the good night's sleep I can get between now and then!! o_O

That really annoys me, though. If you screw up, the CRAs seem to have it the next fricking day. But if you do GOOD, they take their sweet d@mn time. Bastiges. Smiley Mad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.