New Visitor
holidaygak

Insurance and credit report ranking

in Feb 2007, checked my credit report and Equifax gave me a score of 799 credit . My insurance policy is up for its annual renewal. On the policy it states that I have Insurance Score from Equifax of "Very Good" not a "Superior" score. Insurance company says as I only have a "very good" score, I am being charged a higher premium for my insurance.

The insurance policy listed 2 negatives on my insurance score:
1. unfavorable length of time since most recent account established (loan was April 2006)
2. Unfavorable length of time since most rent retail account established Card approved 2/2007.

Opens to Suggestions on what I should do to get the lower insurance rate?
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Insurance and credit report ranking

holidaygak wrote:
in Feb 2007, checked my credit report and Equifax gave me a score of 799 credit . My insurance policy is up for its annual renewal. On the policy it states that I have Insurance Score from Equifax of "Very Good" not a "Superior" score. Insurance company says as I only have a "very good" score, I am being charged a higher premium for my insurance.

The insurance policy listed 2 negatives on my insurance score:
1. unfavorable length of time since most recent account established (loan was April 2006)
2. Unfavorable length of time since most rent retail account established Card approved 2/2007.

Opens to Suggestions on what I should do to get the lower insurance rate?

Congrats on your 799 score! Too bad you're in a state that allows insurance companies to pull a soft inq on you. What does credit have to do with driving habits! I would venture to guess your rates will still be very good.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

WOW-

My auto insurance company LOWERED my rates.
Didn't check my credit, had a claim last year (first ever)

I am curious what company this is? What state you live in? and How long have you been with them?

Chances are you are not paying more as much as not getting a maximum discount.
BY LAW they must report "adverse action"
New Visitor
holidaygak

I live in Florida. My insurance company is Auto-Owners Insurance Company Group located in Lansing, Michigan. Insurance for Homeowners'insurance, car insurance (2 cars) and umbrella insurance.
New Visitor
holidaygak

Have been with the company since Sept 2004, when we bought a house here in FL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}