Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Collection what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid Collection what to do?

Hi,

I have only one collection (For $52) on my account from several years ago that I don't believe is valid. Basically, I had AT&T wireless service that I canceled at the end of my contract in December of the previous year. Almost four months later I got a bill from AT&T for March cell service during the current year at the time (Billing an account that was closed 3 months prior). I called them and they said they'd take care of it, and I never received another bill from them. In June or July of that year I get a collection notice for that amount from a 3rd party company. I grudgingly and promptly paid it, despite not owing it. (And not really even considering the consequences at the time).

The problem is, I have absolutely -0- evidence of this now that I do care about it. Is it possible for me to actually get this removed and what would be the best strategy lacking any hard evidence?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Invalid Collection what to do?

What sucks is that you paid it. Try disputing it as "not mine".
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.