cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

Super Contributor

Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

I was wondering if 3 years is a benchmark in average age of accounts. My AAoA just slipped back up to 3 years on 2 of my 3 bureaus, but there is so much other stuff going on with my profile I can't tell if I got any mileage out of hitting the 3 year mark, and if so how much.


FICO8 EQ 758 TU 778 EX 732 Total revolving 480k







8 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

Did you see a score increase on those 2B relative to the third?

Message 2 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?


BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Did you see a score increase on those 2B relative to the third?


There's too much going on in my profile right now to be able to isolate anything.

 

 


FICO8 EQ 758 TU 778 EX 732 Total revolving 480k







Message 3 of 9
Member

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.

As of 1/03/18:

FICO 8 - EX: 739 EQ: 724 TU: 725
FICO BC 8 - EX: 744
AAoA - 3 years
Utilization - 10%

Capital One Platinum - $1,500 (05/17)
Message 4 of 9
Established Member

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

There may be a few points at each year anniversary for age. But I think many on here have seen the biggest point adds form 1, 2, 5, 7, and 7.6. Don’t ask me why lol. Just what many data points have lead people smarter than me to believe. 

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 702
Goal Score: 800


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Trans FICO 8 = 690
Exper FICO 8 = 702. 1/02/2017
Equif FICO 8 = 684

Quicksilver $2500 / Amazon Visa $4000 / overdraft revolve $200

AA of A = 11.4, 7.2, 7.2
Total Acounts = 11, 9, 9
Inquiry = 2, 1, 0
Message 5 of 9
Senior Contributor

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?


Warenward wrote:

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.


I wouldn't think that 2 points would constitute an AAoA threshold crossing, as those 2 points could have come from anything else like an inquiry aging, new account(s) aging, baddie(s) aging, etc.  I would think a true threshold crossing would result in > 2 points, but you never know as these things can be very profile-specific.

Message 6 of 9
Member

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?


BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Warenward wrote:

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.


I wouldn't think that 2 points would constitute an AAoA threshold crossing, as those 2 points could have come from anything else like an inquiry aging, new account(s) aging, baddie(s) aging, etc.  I would think a true threshold crossing would result in > 2 points, but you never know as these things can be very profile-specific.


 

An inquiry did age to 1 year and my score went up 5 points to 739 EX on January 3rd. My new account maybe? Cap1 is only card I have for a about 8 months now. No baddies. I was definitely hoping for a more substantial bump myself at 3 years AAoA. Smiley Sad

As of 1/03/18:

FICO 8 - EX: 739 EQ: 724 TU: 725
FICO BC 8 - EX: 744
AAoA - 3 years
Utilization - 10%

Capital One Platinum - $1,500 (05/17)
Message 7 of 9
Super Contributor

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?


BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Warenward wrote:

I use CCT and on December 31st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 2.9 years and a score of 732. On January 1st, my EX report showed an AAoA of 3 years and my score went up by 2 points to 734 EX FICO 8.


I wouldn't think that 2 points would constitute an AAoA threshold crossing, as those 2 points could have come from anything else like an inquiry aging, new account(s) aging, baddie(s) aging, etc.  I would think a true threshold crossing would result in > 2 points, but you never know as these things can be very profile-specific.


Agreed. 5 or 10 points minimum would make it significant.

 

I have a gut feeling that it did prop me up 5 to 10 points, but I can't tell because of everything else going on at the moment.

 

 


FICO8 EQ 758 TU 778 EX 732 Total revolving 480k







Message 8 of 9
Moderator

Re: Is 3 years a threshold in AAoA?

It wasn't for me.

 

Went across, spreed back down under it, went across again... 0 points every single time.

 

FWIW the 2 year mark wasn't a big deal for me on a dirty scorecard, but I did see a change +/- 3 points doing this same method.

 

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 771, TU 4 741, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (1/1/18)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 771, TU 4 750, EX 2 776, EQ 8 809, TU 8 774, EX 8 822 (01/01/19)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9