Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Is Experian VantageScore a FAKO?

Yea.. something is up. I have seen consistent Orchard approvals in the <500 range.
Established Member
renov8r

Thanks for the advice, my concerns have been alleviated somewhat.  I called Orchard and they said that my Experian report came up blank on the date they pulled it!  She pulled my TU and I was approved automatically.  This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

I was approved for a whopping $500 CL!!  I plan on treating all of my CCs of having a 30% CL, so my actual limit is $150...
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

renov8r wrote:
Thanks for the advice, my concerns have been alleviated somewhat.  I called Orchard and they said that my Experian report came up blank on the date they pulled it!  She pulled my TU and I was approved automatically.  This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

I was approved for a whopping $500 CL!!  I plan on treating all of my CCs of having a 30% CL, so my actual limit is $150...

Congrats! I knew something wasn't right.
Frequent Contributor
MercyMe

Hummm ....  I received my initial TU report in the mail, a few weeks back, and the score they sent me was my VANTAGE score.  I can't tell you what the numerical figure was, as I don't have access to it, right now; but, I do know the letter grade.  D.  Am I supposed to conclude then that my TU Fico of now 687 is equal to a Vantage score of D?  It's all so very discouraging.
Established Contributor
Revike

renov8r wrote:
This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

It's my understanding that Amex applies their own internal scoring analysis when reviewing a credit report, instead of just accepting the classic or bankcard FICO score associated with the CRA they pull from. From your comments, it sounds like the Amex proprietary analysis may penalize applicants who carry a HELOC.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

MercyMe wrote:
Hummm ....  I received my initial TU report in the mail, a few weeks back, and the score they sent me was my VANTAGE score.  I can't tell you what the numerical figure was, as I don't have access to it, right now; but, I do know the letter grade.  D.  Am I supposed to conclude then that my TU Fico of now 687 is equal to a Vantage score of D?  It's all so very discouraging.

I had a similar experience with Vantage.  My EX FICO was 759 when I pulled EX Vantage and I scored a low "B".  WHATEVERS!  No question, Vantage scoring is a bit different.  Seems there is less emphasis on util and available credit, and possibly more on all balances owed, maybe, this includes installment TLs but I'm not sure.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}