Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Experian VantageScore a FAKO?

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Experian VantageScore a FAKO?

Yea.. something is up. I have seen consistent Orchard approvals in the <500 range.
Message 11 of 16
renov8r
Established Member

Thanks for the advice, my concerns have been alleviated somewhat.  I called Orchard and they said that my Experian report came up blank on the date they pulled it!  She pulled my TU and I was approved automatically.  This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

I was approved for a whopping $500 CL!!  I plan on treating all of my CCs of having a 30% CL, so my actual limit is $150...
Message 12 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

renov8r wrote:
Thanks for the advice, my concerns have been alleviated somewhat.  I called Orchard and they said that my Experian report came up blank on the date they pulled it!  She pulled my TU and I was approved automatically.  This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

I was approved for a whopping $500 CL!!  I plan on treating all of my CCs of having a 30% CL, so my actual limit is $150...

Congrats! I knew something wasn't right.
Message 13 of 16
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Hummm ....  I received my initial TU report in the mail, a few weeks back, and the score they sent me was my VANTAGE score.  I can't tell you what the numerical figure was, as I don't have access to it, right now; but, I do know the letter grade.  D.  Am I supposed to conclude then that my TU Fico of now 687 is equal to a Vantage score of D?  It's all so very discouraging.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@renov8r wrote:
This doesn't answer why my EX is lower than my other two, or why AMEX added my HELOC to my CCD balances...

It's my understanding that Amex applies their own internal scoring analysis when reviewing a credit report, instead of just accepting the classic or bankcard FICO score associated with the CRA they pull from. From your comments, it sounds like the Amex proprietary analysis may penalize applicants who carry a HELOC.
Message 15 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MercyMe wrote:
Hummm ....  I received my initial TU report in the mail, a few weeks back, and the score they sent me was my VANTAGE score.  I can't tell you what the numerical figure was, as I don't have access to it, right now; but, I do know the letter grade.  D.  Am I supposed to conclude then that my TU Fico of now 687 is equal to a Vantage score of D?  It's all so very discouraging.

I had a similar experience with Vantage.  My EX FICO was 759 when I pulled EX Vantage and I scored a low "B".  WHATEVERS!  No question, Vantage scoring is a bit different.  Seems there is less emphasis on util and available credit, and possibly more on all balances owed, maybe, this includes installment TLs but I'm not sure.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.