cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FICO's interpretation of a Charge-off on equifax as a 90+ day late?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just purchaesed my FICO score and report. A creditor has recently Charged Off an account and marked it as Charged Off for the last 32 months every month. The Negative factors on my FICO report shows the Charge Off as 32 90+ late payments. This has cause my score to decreas a substancial amount. 

Can the creditor report it as a charge off every month from the date they say it was charged off?

Who do I need to contact to correct this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Yes 2) Yes 3) Depends on who the reporter is. You shou...

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Depends on who the reporter is. You should get contact info if you pull a report directly from the credit reporting agency.
Message 2 of 4
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: 1) Yes 2) Yes 3) Depends on who the reporter is. You shou...

I had the same thing with Providian. Acct was closed and I began repaying 11-03, never missing a month and final payment 11-05.  I was actually paying to CA, Triadvantage, but Providian was the only one reporting.

Fico report showed from 08-05 showed pyts as 'ok' from 11-03 until report date. this is how CA told me it would/should be reported when I made arrangements (unfortunately just by phone--didnt know about PFDs or anything else at that point in time)

Now I just found on the fico summary pulled last week that Providian is showing 'RF" for all of 2004 and 2005 ('03 not showing) and has me with 32    90 day lates..of which 25 are for the months I was repaying!! It shows 'ok' for 12-05

I never could get them to correct not to show as CO, either.  I'd requested it be closed, I disputed several times and it always came back 'correct as reported'.  Wish I'd known about this forum when I was doing all this!!

It now shows as a paid charge off, but now with all those 90 day lates. I'm sure this is hurting my score as it shows in my summary it's having a negative impact.  I've read on other threads correcting Providian can be hard since WaMu merger, and another recent thread mentioned gave a  warning that in error FICO is allowing diputed items to change date and thereby hurt scoring

If I take the risk and dispute, to I do so through CRAs or try Providian direct? Anyone have current 'good' number for Providian for this sort of thing?!
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1) Yes 2) Yes 3) Depends on who the reporter is. You shou...

IMO- You only get dinged once for the Highest derog and how recent on each TL-

So unless this is the only account on you CR with lates- leave it alone-

Sure it looks bad on a manual review-

If you want to persue this- a letter to the OC is the way to go-
"I was not late after XX/XX/xxxx please correct your reporting"
This will give you the best boost to your score-
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.