Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This An 800?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Is This An 800?

Totally clean report. 29 total accounts. 7 open accounts 5 credit cards 1 store card 1 open car loan with balance of $100.

Oldest account 12 years. AAofA 5 years. 2 accounts with balances. Utilization 1%. No inquiries. Most recently opened account 3 years ago.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
scrambler
Contributor

Re: Is This An 800?

I wil guess 760 - 810. Yes! an 800 is possible with such an account with clean record. However if AAoA hit 6 years, then certainly a solid 800 is assured.
Message 2 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

TU and EX AAofA over 6 years EQ 5.5 years in this instance. Estimator shows 770-820 but it isn't totally accurate. Not enough info for that app.
Message 3 of 10
scrambler
Contributor

If there  are no CFL on the CR, then an 800 is possible with AAoA of 6 years. If there are more than 2 CFL, then an 800 will be a long shot.
Message 4 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@scrambler wrote:
If there  are no CFL on the CR, then an 800 is possible with AAoA of 6 years. If there are more than 2 CFL, then an 800 will be a long shot.

What is a CFL? Consumer finance loan? No I don't believe there are any of those.

Message 5 of 10
scrambler
Contributor

Yes CFL is consumer finance loans. Examples are CitiFinancial, Wells fargo Financial or any such thing with Finance or Financial.

If there are no CFL, then 800 is possible considering that all the 29 open/closed accounts will optimie the payment history for maximum possible points.

Message 6 of 10
scrambler
Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

Totally clean report. 29 total accounts. 7 open accounts 5 credit cards 1 store card 1 open car loan with balance of $100.

Oldest account 12 years. AAofA 5 years. 2 accounts with balances. Utilization 1%. No inquiries. Most recently opened account 3 years ago.

Smallfry,

Is this what you see your credit profile look like in months ahead?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

The items potentially holding back 800:

1.  12 year oldest account.  19 years is the sweet spot, but 800 is still possible with your stats.

2.  2 accounts with a balance.  As you approach 800, I have found that only a single account with a balance provides best FICO tweak.

3.  What is the age of newest account?

4.  How many inquiries in past 12 months?

5.  Any derogs whatsoever?

In most cases, I have found that your score will be somewhere in the middle to lower half of the range.  I have never seen a case in which you obtain the high end or max of range from the estimator/simulators.

I would guess if show 760-810, that you will probably actually be 770-790.  If 770-820, then around 780-799.  800, in my experience, has some resistance, but you could possibly achieve.

Why don't you run a MyFICO?  At this point, using a discount code of 20-25%, you can get both scores for about $25.

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-16-2009 10:31 AM
Message 8 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@scrambler wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Smallfry,

Is this what you see your credit profile look like in months ahead?

Yep that will be the picture.

Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

The items potentially holding back 800:

1.  12 year oldest account.  19 years is the sweet spot, but 800 is still possible with your stats.

2.  2 accounts with a balance.  As you approach 800, I have found that only a single account with a balance provides best FICO tweak.

3.  What is the age of newest account?

4.  How many inquiries in past 12 months?

5.  Any derogs whatsoever?

I can have only the auto loan report or I could pay it off totally. Would the lack of an installment hurt more than 2 accounts reporting a balance?Newest account would be over 3 years. 0 inquiries. No derogs whatsoever.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.