Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a rescore considered a dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is a rescore considered a dispute?

I know I might be answering my owne question here, but.....

As I get ready for a loan refi, I have paid down accounts and every single one of them did not report the pay down as part of the billing cycle, it seems I just missed it. As such, I had all the accounts issue a current balance letter. I took these letters and along with a cover letter requsting a balance update and sent it in to the Big 3. Over the weekend, I got a e-mail from EX & TU regarding the dispute process. So is this really considered a "dispute"? I guess common sense is telling me that I am disputing the balance, and that would make sense.

I guess I thought it would be something different. Would it be any different if I paid a rescore company to do it? I figured the process looked easy enough, I just hope I didn't screw something up by doing it myself.

Thanks,

AdCred1

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is a rescore considered a dispute?

Usually the rapid rescore is done through the mortgage process and does cost something like $60: it's not something we can do as a consumer as I understand it.  You absolutely do *not* want a dispute in this case, that can do all sorts of wonky things in the short term and throw out your near-term refinance plans altogether (Desktop Underwriter will not allow disputes or even dispute comments on the report).

I'd talk to your planned refinance lender and see if they can do it for you, or if there's another third party you can go through that'd work too, but a rapid rescore is very different than a standard consumer dispute.

        
Message 2 of 4
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I might be answering my owne question here, but.....

As I get ready for a loan refi, I have paid down accounts and every single one of them did not report the pay down as part of the billing cycle, it seems I just missed it. As such, I had all the accounts issue a current balance letter. I took these letters and along with a cover letter requsting a balance update and sent it in to the Big 3. Over the weekend, I got a e-mail from EX & TU regarding the dispute process. So is this really considered a "dispute"? I guess common sense is telling me that I am disputing the balance, and that would make sense.

I guess I thought it would be something different. Would it be any different if I paid a rescore company to do it? I figured the process looked easy enough, I just hope I didn't screw something up by doing it myself.

Thanks,

AdCred1

My 2 cents, it would have been better if you would have called the issuers and ask for offcycle reporting. From what i read, sometimes a TL under dispute is not considered in scoring, i might be wrong. So you may need to wait until the dispute is closed.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, lesson learned. I thought I was saving money and doing the "smart" thing.

Thanks for the responses.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.