Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is credit established on the 1st or exactly 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is credit established on the 1st or exactly 6 months

The date i opened my first credit card was march 24. Will my credit be established at 6 months after the 24th or after the 1st

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is credit established on the 1st or exactly 6 months

By "credit being established" I think you mean on what date you will get a FICO score.

On the first of each month, each account that you have ages one month (from the perspective of FICO).  So the credit card you mention was considered 1 month old on April 1.  Five months later (Sept 1) it will be considered six months old.  So in theory on Sept 2 you should be able to pull your FICO scores.  I would not try pulling them before Sept 2.  Also, the tool I would use for your first time is the $1 trial at Credit Check Total.  That way if you pull on Sept 2 and I was mistaken you will only be out $1.

PS.  You mention that you got your first credit card on March 24.  Was that card your first account of any kind?  (E.g. no loans before that?)

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response! It was my first account dealing with credit! I took care of an old bill that should be gone! I have another question. The car i wants loans 20 percent down payment would be around 3000 that i need. Ill have about 2000. Would i qualify for an auto loan with a smaller dowbpayment thab 20 percent. I make about 2500 a month on paystubs showing what tips are reported. (Bartender)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you have contacted a lender or dealer about a particular car, and they told you that you are required to make a 20% down payment.... is that what you are saying?

If so, it's quite possible that they are basing that on the fact that you have no FICO score at the moment.  I would consider waiting until Sept 2 to see what your scores are.  Whenever I have bought a car there was never any downpayment required.  What balance is your cred card reporting and what is its credit limit?  Have you pulled your credit reports in the last week?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.