cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to be put in a new bucket twice within 120 days?

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Is it normal to be put in a new bucket twice within 120 days?

EQU lowered my Fico score -15 points on July 31 of this year. The reason given was I was in a new bucket. Then on November 14 of this year, my Fico score was lowered -3 points with the same reason of being put in a new group category or bucket. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is it normal to be put in a new bucket twice within 120 days?

It's not so much a question of normal as it is different triggers.

What do you think happened the first time, and what the second?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Madison
Regular Contributor

The only thing I can think of is my utilization went from 28% to 8% and reduced the number of accounts with 0 balances on revolving accounts credit cards from 7 to 2. What is frustrating is my credit score only went up from 669 to 695. Bucketing is making it frustrating to get above 700.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Util isn't a bucket trigger. Maybe the Scorewatch alert was in error, and it was just from changes on your report.

I had a second CC report and lost 13 points on EX. Util stayed at 4%. Boy, am I peeved.

So with you, nothing fell off, a 60 didn't go over 2 years, no birthdays, etc?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Madison do you think either your oldest account or your average age of accounts hit a new round number around that time?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.