cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add a TL that wasnt originally reported?

tag
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

Is it possible to add a TL that wasnt originally reported?

Hi all,

My credit file was created in 1981 when I purchased my first car after joining the military. They did a hard pull which apparently established my file, but at the time I paid on the loan(never late) this local bank did not report to the CRA's. I have some friends that work at this local bank, and I've never really thought about trying this before I started on my credit repair journey, but would it be improper, or even illegal to have that account somehow reported to the CRA's in order to establish a better CR for myself?

Second, if I could somehow manage to accomplish this, how would FICO calculate the addition of this positive account with the orginal dates?
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible to add a TL that wasnt originally reported?

Most likely they will not report, and probably would not have at the original time of the loan unless you were in arrears (and you were not).  They might not even have the old account info, especially if they have changed hands.  It's horribly hard to get old deleted accounts to re-report, much less report for the first time.

If you somehow are able to have this report it would be great for your scores.  It would add 27 years to your account age... which is immensely good.  Being that it is paid, it won't do  much for your mixed credit.  

It would not be improper or illegal to ask.  If it cannot be done... don't be all toooo upset.  FICO08 is changing the way scores are calculated and it's the more recent history that will matter most.   

Hope your friends can help you out with this.  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will most likely be tough-

It is hard enough to get stuff report that should be (open or within 10 years of closed) .

If you opened in 81 and paid 5 years= closed in 86 should have reported to 96.
Message 3 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My oldest open TL is a store card that does not report to EX, they won't report to them even though I asked, and EX won't add it when I send proof of the TL.

So it is tough
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 6
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

SmartCookie:

FICO08 is changing the way scores are calculated and it's the more recent history that will matter most.

Do you have a link to how FICO08 scoring will be different in regards to this?
EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

look in the "Credit in the news" forum.
There are several FICO08 articles.

ChrisGA43 wrote:
SmartCookie:

FICO08 is changing the way scores are calculated and it's the more recent history that will matter most.

Do you have a link to how FICO08 scoring will be different in regards to this?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.