Valued Member
Fixfico1990

Is myfico score watch accurate?

On 11/30 I pulled my EQ score and it was 515, on 12/21 EQ showed 547, and today 12/26 it showed it is now at 591. How did my score go up so much in a months time. Is this really accurate? Is it accurate to a lenders score?
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal

Re: Is myfico score watch accurate?

[ Edited ]

It is an accurate Equifax FICO. Your score can change due to many factors, but the most common reason for frequent changes in a short period of time are updated balances on revolving accounts (credit cards)... this changes your credit utilization and is a major significant factor in a FICO scoring.

ETA: Its hard to know for sure, though, without also regularly pulling your credit reports and making note of the changes.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Valued Member
Fixfico1990

Thank you for your reply

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are good for watching for changes to your credit report, the scores are bogus but they show card balances, INQ count and UTL, there AAoA is calcualted differently but they allow you to watch for changes on your report, Credit Karma does weekly updates,  and Credit sesame offers monitoring so you can watch as cards update for the month. Both are free no reason to pay $15 a report to watch for updates, or get a credit monitoring program that charges but also allows you to do daily full credit reports I am unaware of any free service that allows daily reports any more :-(

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
Senior Contributor
baller4life

jamesdwi wrote:

Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are good for watching for changes to your credit report, the scores are bogus but they show card balances, INQ count and UTL, there AAoA is calcualted differently but they allow you to watch for changes on your report, Credit Karma does weekly updates,  and Credit sesame offers monitoring so you can watch as cards update for the month. Both are free no reason to pay $15 a report to watch for updates, or get a credit monitoring program that charges but also allows you to do daily full credit reports I am unaware of any free service that allows daily reports any more :-(

Usaa and eliminateI Id theft does daily pulls 

GARDENING: 12/9/14 - 10/1/15 EQ: 644 EX: 688 TU: 691
MY WALLET: $10k NFCU CASH|$10k BOA CASH|$10k DINER'S CLUB PREMIER|$9k AMEX DELTA
$7.5k NFCU PLAT MC|$7k DISCOVER IT|$5k AMAZON|$5k WALMART|$3k BARCLAYS US AIRWAYS
$2.5k CHEVRON|$1k BARCLAYS RING|$1k BARCLAYS RMC|$1k CARE CREDIT|$1k CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}