Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is myfico score watch accurate?

tag
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Is myfico score watch accurate?

On 11/30 I pulled my EQ score and it was 515, on 12/21 EQ showed 547, and today 12/26 it showed it is now at 591. How did my score go up so much in a months time. Is this really accurate? Is it accurate to a lenders score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is myfico score watch accurate?

It is an accurate Equifax FICO. Your score can change due to many factors, but the most common reason for frequent changes in a short period of time are updated balances on revolving accounts (credit cards)... this changes your credit utilization and is a major significant factor in a FICO scoring.

ETA: Its hard to know for sure, though, without also regularly pulling your credit reports and making note of the changes.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Thank you for your reply

Message 3 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are good for watching for changes to your credit report, the scores are bogus but they show card balances, INQ count and UTL, there AAoA is calcualted differently but they allow you to watch for changes on your report, Credit Karma does weekly updates,  and Credit sesame offers monitoring so you can watch as cards update for the month. Both are free no reason to pay $15 a report to watch for updates, or get a credit monitoring program that charges but also allows you to do daily full credit reports I am unaware of any free service that allows daily reports any more :-(

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Credit Karma and Credit Sesame are good for watching for changes to your credit report, the scores are bogus but they show card balances, INQ count and UTL, there AAoA is calcualted differently but they allow you to watch for changes on your report, Credit Karma does weekly updates,  and Credit sesame offers monitoring so you can watch as cards update for the month. Both are free no reason to pay $15 a report to watch for updates, or get a credit monitoring program that charges but also allows you to do daily full credit reports I am unaware of any free service that allows daily reports any more :-(

Usaa and eliminateI Id theft does daily pulls 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.