cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to how many comenity bank card's you can have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a limit to how many comenity bank card's you can have?

I've recently overdosed on comenity bank store cards

VS $250

PIER ONE $ 500

TORRID $ 250

AShley Stewart $250

Talbots $300

MARATHON GAS $ 250

Abercrombie $300

How ever I recently applied for lane bryant and was decline stating that I was delinquent accounts or too many inquiries! My question is that it should matter if I already have their cards?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there a limit to how many comenity bank card's you can have?

I read on a thread on here, that one person reported having 30 commenity ACCTS.  Its listed somewhere here.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question would be, when did you apply for each of your previous cards?  If you went on an app spree about the same time or within a relatively short period of time than you will be dinged for too many inquiries.  

@Anonymous wrote:
I've recently overdosed on comenity bank store cards

VS $250

PIER ONE $ 500

TORRID $ 250

AShley Stewart $250

Talbots $300

MARATHON GAS $ 250

Abercrombie $300

How ever I recently applied for lane bryant and was decline stating that I was delinquent accounts or too many inquiries! My question is that it should matter if I already have their cards?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have currently 21 but I'm 

all done with it some are visa and master cards almost 30000.00 limite between all cards

just got a discover CL 3000.00 have 6 cards with Chase and 4 with Barclays still can't get approved by Amex but it's fine 

have over 105000. Available credit with 7000.00 card debt 

most of the Comenity cards were shopping trick so no hard inquiry 

Message 4 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you apply for too many Comenity cards in a very short time frame...like days, or weeks...they are known to decline you, or send a verification letter. You case just might be too many new acts too soon. Garden for 6 months and then try again if you really really need the Lane Bryant card. my advice, is forget LB and garden until you can get better scores to acquire a major card instead. You don't want to be stuck in toy limit hell forever.

To answer your question though...no, there is not a limit to how many you can have....just how many you can have in a certain time frame.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.