cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to put a password on your credit files?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to put a password on your credit files?

For example. Person A. has an ex with all your personal history whom is pulling your credit reports online. Is there a way to place a password to prevent anyone from pulling your credit reports except you.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to put a password on your credit files?

I don't want an FA complicating my credit requests. Just want to stop someone from access my credit reports as me. Yes, I know who is doing it. I feel violated and concerned.
Message 2 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ilovepizza wrote:
For example. Person A. has an ex with all your personal history whom is pulling your credit reports online. Is there a way to place a password to prevent anyone from pulling your credit reports except you.

Maybe a freeze would be helpful. Check out this link to see if you are eligible.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called a credit freeze, requires a pin number. Sounds like a Fraud Alert.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe a freeze would be helpful. Check out this link to see if you are eligible.

Hehe, y Hehe, you posted first. Thanks!!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I still be able to use MyFICO and TC? The fact sheet discusses prior has permission and temp suspending. Can MyFICO if already on there have permission if I freeze reports? I am wondering if I should change my account numbers. Thanks to TU they have my full account numbers for credit cards.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-16-2007 02:48 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:

A freeze stops anyone -- including you -- from opening new credit until you "thaw" it, which can take anywhere from 15 minutes to several days.  But I doubt it would stop you from pulling your own report (or someone pretending to be you who knows your SSN and security questions and uses annualcreditreport.com or the CRAs own website).
Message 7 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ilovepizza wrote:

No, a credit freeze is not a FA.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going through the soft inqs at EQ. They are pulling them directly. Now a new reason to keep track of your soft inq's too!

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-16-2007 04:13 PM
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueCredit has part of the service FREE under your identity TrueCreditLock. They said I can lock all 3 credit files and unlock at will no charge, no fraud alert, and I can stop places like Cingular from hitting me with an unwanted hard inquiry. hehe.

Has anyone used the "LOCK" service with TC?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-16-2007 04:14 PM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.