cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to online dispute inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there anyway to online dispute inquiries?

That's what I figured. Because I did apply for Chase freedom. Could not resist $250 bonus and 3% back for all my fast food Smiley Wink

Is there anyway for sure that I could find out if those 5 inquiries counted as one? Because on my credit report it doesn't seem that way.
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just call them, I had to call to dispute one and the whole conversation lasted no more than 2 minutes. They gave me a case number and in a few days I got a letter in the mail saying that the inquiry was being deleted.
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank ONE is owned by First USA. First USA is owned by Chase. Oops, didn't see page 2 had this info already.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-04-2007 09:24 AM
Message 13 of 41
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Don't confuse Auto\Mort Inqs will CCs. Unlike Auto\Mort you are being dinged for each of those five Inqs. Call and see if Chase will remove the other four.  
Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here let me post all my TU inquiries

First USA 09-15-05 - Possibly Bank One student card
HSBC NV 10-01-05 - Orchard Bank Secured
First USA 10-03-05 - ?
First USA 03-20-06 - ?
Mazda Credit 06-26-06 - Getting an idea if I could get credit for my car
Mazda Credit 07-09-06 - I think I messed up here and applied twice
CITI 07-18-06 - Dividend card
Ohio ED-Loan 08-14-06 - Trying for auto loan through credit union
E-Loan 09-26-06 - Again, auto loan
Taleris CU 09-26-06 - Eww, auto loan
Credco IMS 09-30-06 - Don't know, probably auto loan
Taleris CU 10-06-06 - Don't know why they have two, two weeks apart. The only thing I could think of is would they do one when I apply for membership and one for trying for auto loan?
Mazda Credit, Westfargo Bank, Chase, 5/3 Bank, US Bank all on 10-18-06 - Big day at the car dealership. Good news though. After only one year of credit history, I was able to nail a loan at 6.49% with no co-signer.
First USA 11-15-06 - ?
First USA 03-15-07 - Chase Freedom?

I know most of them are my fault. But the seeds are now planted for me. I got some good CCs (some not even on here) and an auto loan. My EQ and EX only had like 8 and 9 inquiries within two years so I'm not concerned about those.

How can I find out what all these First USA were from?

Anything else I should know? Dispute?
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under each inq their should be a phone number in most cases. Call them. Ask. They keep records of that stuff. If the bank does not have a record and you do not know why it was there ask the bank to remove it.
Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, all the banks have contact info except for First USA. Something seems fishy to me.
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an underwriter at JPMorgan, the parent company to the company the owns FUSA, I doubt they just do hard inquires into your credit (they do not need to, if you have accounts w/them your credit file is open for them to reveiw. Even if you don't have accounts they can still purchase it.). If you have accounts with FUSA and have requested lower rates or higher credit limits or other such things then you have infact been consenting to inquires. If you do not have accounts then perhaps you have applied for credti somewhere that is owned by FUSA or with someone who "priced" you out to them. From my experience most people worry way too much about inquires, which have little effect unless taken to the extreme, when they should be worrieing about other things that have far more impact on their credit.
Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Bank ONE is owned by First USA. First USA is owned by Chase. Oops, didn't see page 2 had this info already."

This is not quite true. Rather FUSA was bought by BankOne which was previously ValleyNational. Chase merged w/BankOne about 1.5yrs ago, Chase is part of JPMorgan and Chase Manhatten. There are MANY more smaller banks included but those are the big ones. Basically they are all JPMorgan Chase.
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's credit report has about 8 inquiries from First Bank USA or (whatever it's called) on his reports all within a years time. If this is true that they are from Chase bank I suppose it would make sense because we have some accounts with them. But the question I have is if we were inquiring for credit limit increases  on our current accounts to improve our credit scores (as suggested by Suze Orman) then shouldn't these be soft inquiries since we already have the accounts with them??
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.