cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to online dispute inquiries?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is there anyway to online dispute inquiries?

If the CRA is requiring a police report, what they are really saying is that they want legal assertion by  y0u (which is what a police report is, since it carries criminal penalities for any false statements you make therein)  that the certificaation fiiled by the party when they requested your CR was false.  It goes back, once again, to FCRA 607(a).

In thinking about this approach,  that is probably your best and most direct approach you can take!  I like it!

And here is why......

You just go to your police station and simply assert that "I have false information in my consumer credit file that does not comply with FCRA 607(a) and FCRA 604  I have reason to believe possible credit fraud do this reporting."

Identify each inquiry.  (Of course, the police will have absolutely no idea what you are even talking about, so it will be up to you to essetially write it for them)

With a copy of this police report in hand, you can then take binding action with the CRA.

Here is the quick and easy process.

This police report is what is referred to under FCRA 603(q)(4) as an "identity theft report."

Then, all you have to do is write a quick and simple letter to the CRA under the provisions of FCRA 605B, asking for an immediate block of the inquiries.

You only have to do four simple and direct things in this letter:

1. provide appropriate proof of your identity,

2. a cipy of the identity theft (police) report,

3.identification of the inquires to be blocked,and

4.a statement that the inquiries do not relate to any information relating to any acount of yours, with any permissible purpose under FCRA 604.

Message 31 of 41
wayne6372
Valued Member

I actually took the FTC fraud aff and filled out .A law enforcement offcer then placed his signature and police report number for temp use while the police report will be wriiten.Only problem I might have is I had a fraudulent medical biil that Equifax wont remove , but is finally gone for the momnet.But I have had things removed and replaced on file before as child support but finally removed it to FCRA voilation and a lot of letters to the BBB and Attorney General.That really help but took persistence a hell of a lot..Hopefully it wont re appear .

Message 32 of 41
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

True, they can come back on once a fraud block is removed.

That may be significant for significant credit reportings, but we are not talking about a significant credit reporting issue here.  We are taling only about getting a credit inquiry blocked from your CR from now until one year from the date of inquiry.  If it comes back on after that date, it will then be past the one one year scoring date by FICO, so who cares?  You are just buying months.

Message 33 of 41
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

hello, i notice you have the same thing as me and i havent been able to figure out what it mean---->Credco??, do you have the number fore that?? i have some inq as well and there is NO number on any of them..

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 34 of 41
wayne6372
Valued Member

Inquiries are becoming harder to remove lately.Here recently I have had some appear from debt collectors.These companies are just  being Mod Cut and trying  to damage the credit score more by placing the debt as well as the inquiry on the files.I use the attorney general in these matters.Usely googling the information will obtain numbers for the companies.If theres anything else I can help with, let me know.

Message 35 of 41
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

ok thank you Smiley Happy

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 36 of 41
gatorlady
New Visitor

Great answer!

I worry all the time about inquiries...won't do so anymore.Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:
As an underwriter at JPMorgan, the parent company to the company the owns FUSA, I doubt they just do hard inquires into your credit (they do not need to, if you have accounts w/them your credit file is open for them to reveiw. Even if you don't have accounts they can still purchase it.). If you have accounts with FUSA and have requested lower rates or higher credit limits or other such things then you have infact been consenting to inquires. If you do not have accounts then perhaps you have applied for credti somewhere that is owned by FUSA or with someone who "priced" you out to them. From my experience most people worry way too much about inquires, which have little effect unless taken to the extreme, when they should be worrieing about other things that have far more impact on their credit.

Message 37 of 41
poker
New Visitor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have quite a few inquiries that need disputing on each of my reports, especially Transunion. Transunion currently has 19 for me. About half of them need to go. When I go to the online dispute for TU and EX they will only let me dispute accounts and a few other things. Is there any way to do this online? I hate writing through mail and phone I don't feel like the information can be presented as clearly.

Message 38 of 41
wayne6372
Valued Member

Yes and no, There are no ways online no more.But writting the BBB, or your attornery general and explaining they aare unauthorized or fraudulent may help.Here recently I havent had any luck at al.The swear they are not disputable, even tho I feel they are in accordance with the FCRA.Best way to have them removed is a police report if they are fraudlent.

Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm new here and I have been only reading. Can anybody help me with removing inquries? I have similar Iq's as well. I have tried the cfpb portal. I have disputed them with CRA. They come back as factual well I googled the definition Factual. It was far from being permissible purpose. I was searching something else here, but I like facts I have many inquiries from credco and I know I didn't apply for some of the things that they are claiming. I have sent letters to every company on my report and did not receive not one letter back from a company who is reporting the inquiry.
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.