Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this FICO score possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this FICO score possible?

I've been managing my sister's credit for almost a year now and typically her FAKOs (understandably) have been just under 600. On her Equifax report she has:

1 CC CO - 6/2003

1 Collection - 5/2006

1 Judgement - 5/2006

1 Verizon collection - 7/2005

Tell my why I just pulled her FICO Equifax score from http://www.freeficoscore.com/UnionPromoOffer/ and it gave her a 692??

It gave me a 683 and I have a charged off loan from 2003 and 8 late payments on my ex husbands student loan about 4 years ago.

Equifax hates me!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this FICO score possible?

a 692 with those problems? Wow, maybe I can hit 700's after all. Smiley Wink

You give me hope.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A FICO score of around 700 with four major derogs is very abnornal.

She must otherwise.have a very old AAoA, a great credit mix, no new inquiries, a high CL, very low % util, and a majjority of cards holding zero balance.

Four major derogs is a min of a 100+ hit on scoring in payment history. 

FICO is a multi-category conglomerate of five categories.  The payment history you have set forth is poor, so the others must be stellar!

Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

She must otherwise.have a very old AAoA, a great credit mix, no new inquiries, a high CL, very low % util, and a majjority of cards holding zero balance.

FICO is a multi-category conglomerate of five categories.  The payment history you have set forth is poor, so the others must be stellar!

Got to be AAofA and great utilization. I have a 693 AAofA 3+ 1% utilization and a 9 yo BK. Shows that a BK beats 4 major derogs. How much do I win? 

Message 4 of 6
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Well I'll chime in here.  I have FICO scores of 674, 675, and 720.  720 was Experian so go figure.

Anyway,

I have 3 paid judgments.

3 Old Paid Chargeoffs.

1 Settled Account.

15 Inq

Sad thing is that I lost points when I got my last collection removed.  Maybe I got rebucketed.  But I will admit it frustrates me when I claw back from a bad financial situation and have a low score, and someone files bankruptcy and has a better score then me.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

AAoA - has to be around 5-7 years I'm going to imagine. Oldest account being maybe 15 years.

Credit Mix - 1 car loan (2.5 years old), 1 major CC (1.5 years old) - no lates -- no mortgages, no minor CCs

Inquiries - 5 in the last 2 years, 1 in the last year

Credit Limit - 1 card, $500

Utilization - $0 (as of this month, has been maxed out for months)

Really? 692? I guess it is possible based on some of the comments... but it's SO not FAIR! *stomps feet*.

Thanks for the input...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.