Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good score...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Is this a good score...

Is 760 a good score?  Does anyone know of any Credit Card companies that would think that score is too low to grant someone credit?

Thank you
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: Is this a good score...

Um...if that is a true FICO score, that is a VERY GOOD score...almost anyone would loan you money with that score (assuming all else is good on loan app).
Message 2 of 4
Andy77
Valued Contributor

that is my TU score that I received through Myfico...
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Andy77 wrote:
that is my TU score that I received through Myfico...

It is possible to have a good score, but still be denied for a card based on credit history. For instance, I recently had 752 on EX, but I also had a 30-day late payment that was less than a year old, and I wasn't about to go near AmEx or Discover. The same is often true if you once had a charge-off, or if you included a CCC's card in bankruptcy --they might well turn you down, even if the derogs no longer displayed on your report, or were no longer affecting your score very much.

So if there are any recent negatives on your report, or any past history with a certain company that they still have on file, you could get declined with a 760.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.