Frequent Contributor
Andy77

Is this a good score...

Is 760 a good score?  Does anyone know of any Credit Card companies that would think that score is too low to grant someone credit?

Thank you
Regular Contributor
sh9730

Re: Is this a good score...

Um...if that is a true FICO score, that is a VERY GOOD score...almost anyone would loan you money with that score (assuming all else is good on loan app).
Frequent Contributor
Andy77

that is my TU score that I received through Myfico...
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Andy77 wrote:
that is my TU score that I received through Myfico...

It is possible to have a good score, but still be denied for a card based on credit history. For instance, I recently had 752 on EX, but I also had a 30-day late payment that was less than a year old, and I wasn't about to go near AmEx or Discover. The same is often true if you once had a charge-off, or if you included a CCC's card in bankruptcy --they might well turn you down, even if the derogs no longer displayed on your report, or were no longer affecting your score very much.

So if there are any recent negatives on your report, or any past history with a certain company that they still have on file, you could get declined with a 760.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+