Established Member
hockeymom2119

Is this even possible

I anxiously opened an email for my FICO alert, only to be so let down. My BK dropped off as of 8/1/12. This is the first score watch alert I've gotten, and I expected an increase in my score. It went from 635 as of July 25 to 585 as of today? How is that possible? I have 2 late payments back in 2010, and have only applied to refinance a car recently. No recent inquires, missed payments, etc. I am so disappointed.

Valued Contributor
p-

Re: Is this even possible

hockeymom2119 wrote:

I anxiously opened an email for my FICO alert, only to be so let down. My BK dropped off as of 8/1/12. This is the first score watch alert I've gotten, and I expected an increase in my score. It went from 635 as of July 25 to 585 as of today? How is that possible? I have 2 late payments back in 2010, and have only applied to refinance a car recently. No recent inquires, missed payments, etc. I am so disappointed.

Print both reports - i.e. before and after, and compare them line-by-line.  If you share the differences here, I'm sure everyone will chime in.  If you haven't looked at the report, you should.  There might be a new baddie you're unaware of.

2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Established Contributor
emptypockets

Once the BK drops, you get "re-bucketed" into the group of people with no BK reporting. In some cases, this can cause your score to drop, becausemany people in this group have no baddies at all (if this makes sense). You are now in thelower 'tier' of your new bucket.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Chase (5), Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Dillard's AMEX, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, Macy's AMEX; Several store cards.

Current Scores: EQ (6/14): 800; TU MyFico (6/14): 814; Walmart TU Fico 08 (7/8/2014): 814; EX (6/14): 775
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Provided that there is nothing else new reporting, then your score will go up fairly quickly through that "bucket"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+