Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this even possible

tag
hockeymom2119
Valued Member

Is this even possible

I anxiously opened an email for my FICO alert, only to be so let down. My BK dropped off as of 8/1/12. This is the first score watch alert I've gotten, and I expected an increase in my score. It went from 635 as of July 25 to 585 as of today? How is that possible? I have 2 late payments back in 2010, and have only applied to refinance a car recently. No recent inquires, missed payments, etc. I am so disappointed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this even possible

@hockeymom2119 wrote:

I anxiously opened an email for my FICO alert, only to be so let down. My BK dropped off as of 8/1/12. This is the first score watch alert I've gotten, and I expected an increase in my score. It went from 635 as of July 25 to 585 as of today? How is that possible? I have 2 late payments back in 2010, and have only applied to refinance a car recently. No recent inquires, missed payments, etc. I am so disappointed.

Print both reports - i.e. before and after, and compare them line-by-line.  If you share the differences here, I'm sure everyone will chime in.  If you haven't looked at the report, you should.  There might be a new baddie you're unaware of.

Message 2 of 4
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Once the BK drops, you get "re-bucketed" into the group of people with no BK reporting. In some cases, this can cause your score to drop, becausemany people in this group have no baddies at all (if this makes sense). You are now in thelower 'tier' of your new bucket.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Provided that there is nothing else new reporting, then your score will go up fairly quickly through that "bucket"

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.