cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this my real EQ score?

tag
milw_brave

Is this my real EQ score?

I had a lender pulled EQ score of 625 on 4/27/12. I just signed up for the free trial on MyFico and it gave me a score of 656. Is this a score I can assume is real? The 625 was my mid score for a mortgage app and I've been trying to get it up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Is this my real EQ score?

The EQ score you pulled here is real. 

Message 2 of 3
languedoctor
Valued Member

Re: Is this my real EQ score?

Did your mortgage broker explicitly say that your mid score is 625, and that score is Equifax (Beacon 5)?

Maybe your broker pulled something like:

EQ 656

EX 625

TU 621

It's also possible that both scores are Equifax, and both are right. There's a month gap between the two pulls. Plenty of time for a 30-point drop. Have you been applying around for new credit over the past month? Letting credit card balances get higher (or maxed)? Did anything become past due?

edit: I had that backwards. Is it possible that anything came off your report since the lender pull? Any substantial decrease in revolving balances? As the earlier reply said: you get the real deal (Beacon 5) on this site, and that's the model that most mortgage lenders use for EQ...

Barclay's Aviator Red | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Freedom | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select | Discover It
(too dumb to figure out images)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.