Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this possible???

Identity Guard thru Costco

Dec Jan Feb
683 683 683 T
674 674 674 E
644 645 645 EX

How can the scores not change for 3 months??? This makes no sense. Nothing has changed, no new accounts, no lates, no nothing, zero! At the very least I should get a point or two for paying my bills current and my old baddies are 3 months or 1/4 of a year older!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Is this possible???

I have had long periods with no changes.  Not quite as stable as your, but nearly
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Length of credit (account aging) is only 15% of total FICO score, so aging of  accounts over a three month period is diminimus in effect on total score.  This is not a catefory where short term gains should be expected  Long periods are needed to see any real change.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dunno I've never seen this before. In the past I would get at least 1 point, sometimes 2 months with no change, but come on, 3 months is nuts. I guess this means the scoring system has triggers. It must score items on a incremental system. Meaning it stays stagnant until it reaches a trigger point. I guess I'm not at those trigger points...

Next month if no change, I'm officially calling shenanigans!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

barbarino wrote:
I dunno I've never seen this before. In the past I would get at least 1 point, sometimes 2 months with no change, but come on, 3 months is nuts. I guess this means the scoring system has triggers. It must score items on a incremental system. Meaning it stays stagnant until it reaches a trigger point. I guess I'm not at those trigger points...

Next month if no change, I'm officially calling shenanigans!

Yes, the general consensus is that changes in most aspects of FICO scoring are triggered by passing over certain thresholds.  There is not necessarily a smooth continuum from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-22-2008 01:05 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.