cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet Blue Dropping Amex. Will this hurt my credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jet Blue Dropping Amex. Will this hurt my credit score?

Hello,

i'm new to this forum, but it seems most of you are aware that the sponsorship/partnership between JetBlue and Amex is ending. JetBlue's new partner will be Barclays.

My question is - will this transition adversely affect my credit score?

According to Amex most of the accounts are automatically being transferred to Barclays.

The Amex accounts will be CLOSED.

My understanding is that payment history, length of history for an account, etc. are factors that affect the credit score.

It would seem like a fair assumption that having Amex close my card would hurt my credit yet. However, when I talked to customer service they said it would not.

This seems like a front line CSR type of comment that may not be fully informed.

He also said 'the deals are still being worked out" so that is not especially comforting.

Does anybody have more insight into what's going on?

Will my credit history take a hit becuase of this transition (all other factors being equal)?

Amx posted  a FAQ, but it doesn't address these basic issues:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/jetblue/faqs.html

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jet Blue Dropping Amex. Will this hurt my credit score?

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Jet Blue Dropping Amex. Will this hurt my credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

i'm new to this forum, but it seems most of you are aware that the sponsorship/partnership between JetBlue and Amex is ending. JetBlue's new partner will be Barclays.

My question is - will this transition adversely affect my credit score?

According to Amex most of the accounts are automatically being transferred to Barclays.

The Amex accounts will be CLOSED.

My understanding is that payment history, length of history for an account, etc. are factors that affect the credit score.

It would seem like a fair assumption that having Amex close my card would hurt my credit yet. However, when I talked to customer service they said it would not.

This seems like a front line CSR type of comment that may not be fully informed.

He also said 'the deals are still being worked out" so that is not especially comforting.

Does anybody have more insight into what's going on?

Will my credit history take a hit becuase of this transition (all other factors being equal)?

Amx posted  a FAQ, but it doesn't address these basic issues:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/jetblue/faqs.html

Thank you!!

I can't pretend to have any knowledge about it, but I have a hunch that the way it's being done, it's not going to be like a new account, but a continuation of the old account. I certainly hope that's the case.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.