Valued Member
chrissy122g

Judgment being removed

I had a credit card judgment placed on me back in 2003 due to a nasty divorce...well I paid it in  full (no settlement) now the bank has agreed to remove it from my file.they said it will take 30-45 days for it to be removed.....does anyone have any idea how much impact (if any) it will have on my score?
 Thanks
Valued Member
Bop

Re: Judgment being removed

I had a judgment on my CR , which dropped out after 7 and half years. Unfortunately I didn’t get any point in FICO. That is my experience, others might have better experience than I  

Senior Contributor
Sylviatob

IMO, a judgement if a fatal baddie, just as foreclosure, BK, and collection.

Getting it removed will definitely improve your scores. How much is anyone's guess, as it depends on what other things are on your CR.

Congratulations! Your CR will look so good with it not being on there. :smileywink:
"Never ever, ever be late. Never" (FUTR)
Super Contributor
concorduser

Chrissy, congractulations on getting the judgement removed. Make sure they completely remove it instead of marking as paid or satisfied. You'll see a big gain in score if you dont have other major derogs. I got 2 judgements removed and fighing with CRA to remove the thirdone. I even sent a court certified letter to CRA and it is not removed yet. Good luck with your scores and congractulations in getting the judgement removed.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

chrissy122g wrote:
I had a credit card judgment placed on me back in 2003 due to a nasty divorce...well I paid it in  full (no settlement) now the bank has agreed to remove it from my file.they said it will take 30-45 days for it to be removed.....does anyone have any idea how much impact (if any) it will have on my score?
 Thanks

Do you have any other judgments, COs, collections or other public records?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-15-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 814
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ A Gold Visa with my local bank 10K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+