Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jump in Score for CA account posted April 06

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Jump in Score for CA account posted April 06

What kind of increase in score with TU FICO do you think I might have from a Collection Account that was posted April of 2006. It will removed. It's older now so I don't think I will see a 20 point jump but maybe ten points?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Jump in Score for CA account posted April 06

Daisyduke its unknown to know what increase, if any you may get.  It also depends on your other tradelines history.  FICO 08 is forgiving if you have one CO, and your other tradelines are good. 

Its not forgiving if you have the one CO, but have late payments on other tradelines.  

Message 2 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thank you - I thought one would gain some points automatically IF a collection was removed no matter what other circumstance are going on....

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having second thoughts about posting this. My fear is to give you too much high hopes but I have checked and double checked and it is fact. I had a Collection account fall off a month ago and I received a 38 point increase EQ only. My "FAKO" went up 56 points (not that it matters). The crazy thing is that it was going to fall off in Oct 09 (I disputed DCW). It was from 2002! I have 5 CC with some lates from 7 months ago and another CA that will fall off in Dec 09. I add this too give you a glimpse of my profile. From what I have learned it makes a difference whether you have 1 collection account or 5.
Message 4 of 5
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

i only have one collection on TU and one collection on EX - they are both different CA's. Well, I will let you know if my TU Fico increase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.