Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got My Monthly Experian Score From Credit One

tag
atd1970
Regular Contributor

Just Got My Monthly Experian Score From Credit One

Man, according to Credit One, I am doomed. My score is only 433.

I opened the card about a year ago when I started rebuilding. My score, with them has fluctuated between 500 and 600.

Now I have other cards, with major banks (Citi, Discover, Chase, Barclay, etc.) my score drops??

I understand Fako/Fico debate, but a 433. Really?

USAA puts me at a 750, and MPM at a 724. Even a Lender pull is around a 700.

My utilization is only 2%, but I do have a ton of new accounts that I need to consolidate CL.

Again, 433?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Got My Monthly Experian Score From Credit One

@atd1970 wrote:

I opened the card about a year ago when I started rebuilding. My score, with them has fluctuated between 500 and 600.

Now I have other cards, with major banks (Citi, Discover, Chase, Barclay, etc.) my score drops??

My utilization is only 2%, but I do have a ton of new accounts that I need to consolidate CL.

Again, 433?

Yeah it's a junk score.

You really expected a FICO out of CrapforcreditOne?

Message 2 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

Again, 433?

Yeah it's a junk score.

You really expected a FICO out of CrapforcreditOne?

+1

Try sites like Creditkarma and Creditsesame, if you want free indicative scores. That are not accurate as well but much closer.

Message 3 of 14
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Are you talking about the fake capital one? LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 14
atd1970
Regular Contributor

To be honest, I don't believe any score beside any actual Lender Pull. As many people have pointed out, there are many versions of FICO scores and FAKO scores. But 433? LOL.

The only reason I have kept the card was for a monthly EX score. Plus AF were waived when I threatened to close the account.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atd1970 wrote:

To be honest, I don't believe any score beside any actual Lender Pull. As many people have pointed out, there are many versions of FICO scores and FAKO scores. But 433? LOL.

The only reason I have kept the card was for a monthly EX score. Plus AF were waived when I threatened to close the account.

They probably want you to think you have no chance of getting any other card. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They probably want you to think you have no chance of getting any other card. Smiley Tongue

Ha ha...that is a real good analysis Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@atd1970 wrote:

+1. I would get rid of them!

Message 8 of 14
atd1970
Regular Contributor

I agree.

The card did it's job, and it is time just to let it go. Strange thing is, I also need to get rid of 5 GERB cards, 5 Comenity cards, and 2 Capital One cards.

I can close these Toy Cards, and my utilization would not be impacted

Message 9 of 14
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@atd1970 wrote:

I agree.

The card did it's job, and it is time just to let it go. Strange thing is, I also need to get rid of 5 GERB cards, 5 Comenity cards, and 2 Capital One cards.

I can close these Toy Cards, and my utilization would not be impacted

Why would you close those cards?

You recieve ABSOLUTELY no benefit from closing those cards unless they have an annual fee.

If you really don't want to use them, just put them in your sock drawer and let a lender close them for non use. Every month those cards are open you are getting 12 months of good marks on your reports. (12 cards you are considering to close.)

You will have an indestructible AAoA in a few years with all those cards open.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.