Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Purchased My FIRST FICO Scores.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Purchased My FIRST FICO Scores.

I have always just gone by the reports that Car Dealerships pulled and showed me (bought and sold a few cars over the years)....

The ones I pulled are actually better than when I applied for my car in January.

The only difference between then and now is that when I purchased my car I WAS NOT using my Credit Cards at all.

Since buying the new car I have let 1 of 7 open cc's post a small utility >5%.

My TU is lowest, it reflected a $345 balance on my CC with a CLI of $5,000. The other 2 scores showed my new balance (that reconciled yesterday) of $45 of that same limit.......

Hmmmm!

The only thing hurting my score on all 3 reports was a short installment history....All 3 showed 19 accounts, 2 with balances being the CC and Car Installment loan, 8 open (including installment loan), average age 4 years and various months.

Just to everyone out there trying to reach their goals.... In 2004 I wasn't even in the 600's.....Time is key!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Purchased My FIRST FICO Scores.

1111mel wrote:
I have always just gone by the reports that Car Dealerships pulled and showed me (bought and sold a few cars over the years)....

The ones I pulled are actually better than when I applied for my car in January.

The only difference between then and now is that when I purchased my car I WAS NOT using my Credit Cards at all.

Since buying the new car I have let 1 of 7 open cc's post a small utility >5%.

My TU is lowest, it reflected a $345 balance on my CC with a CLI of $5,000. The other 2 scores showed my new balance (that reconciled yesterday) of $45 of that same limit.......

Hmmmm!

The only thing hurting my score on all 3 reports was a short installment history....All 3 showed 19 accounts, 2 with balances being the CC and Car Installment loan, 8 open (including installment loan), average age 4 years and various months.

Just to everyone out there trying to reach their goals.... In 2004 I wasn't even in the 600's.....Time is key!!!

Great scores, 1111mel!  You're a FICO High Achiever!  Congratulations!!!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to spend part of my weekend reviewing everything. One thing I noticed is my highest score which is 7 points higher than my lowest only shows 1 inqury when the other two reports show 2.

So it is good to know that an inquiry (the newest 5 months old) doesn't hurt that much to a good score

I always wondered why people got so obsessed with their scores....BUT i get it now! It is quite exciting to look at the numbers and wonder what certain activities will do to it!

A question.....One of my credit cards which serves as an over the limit protector to my checking account is showing open, but inactive. If I simply called to activate the card would it be enough or do I need to charge something on it? or does it really matter?
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Nice scores Mel. Congrats. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.