Sparky2211

Re: Just building my credit

Good information everyone. What kind of personal loan would you recommend? What company would you go through? Any other recommendations? Thanks!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Start with your local bank. Tell them you want a small personal loan to build credit.
Moderator Emeritus
LadyFICO

I know a mix of credit is a fico scoring factor but more importantly history and util gets you the higher score. At this point I don't think a mix is a negative for you and if you don't have or need the debt don't get it. Concentrate on paying on time and your score will grow. You have cc in case you need it. If you have an emergency then consider the installment loan to cover it your credit is good enough to get one should a situation arise.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+