Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just checked my FICO score through American Express and I am a 733

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my FICO score through American Express and I am a 733

I just checked my credit score using American Expresses free Fico score from MYFICO and it 733. Its up 10 points from last month and I am super excited. I started in 2011 cleaning up my credit from a bad divorce in 2004 and was a whopping 495. I have followed the advice on here and started disputing items on my report 4 years ago. This has been a long and ardous task however I now have a:

Wells Fargo Visa $7500.00 limit 0 balance paid in full every month

American Express Green card Paid in full every month

Authorized user on my wifes GM card $10,000 limit paid in full every month

American Express Gold card Business ( this does not affect my personal credit however it does for my new business and they used my credit to issue)

New 2015 Siverado Truck 

Wifes Murano bought new in 2013 

Have had 2 other autos cosgined on paid in full since 2011 as well

I have 4 charge off paid in full negative accounts that fall off my reports by December via the 7 year rule( and there will be nothing NEGATIVE on my report after this) so I am wondering if I will get a little boost in my score once these items fall off? I think I have enough credit lines in place and should just continue on this path as i have, thoughts?  I am super excited and want to let everyone know that is going through the beginning stages of there credit repair is to remain vigilant with your letters and disputes and apply for an build new credit while the old is falling off. It takes time however I can attest that the feeling you have once you have good credit again cannot be matched by anything. Thanks for everyones assistance on this wonderful forum and my message box is ALWAYS open if I can assist any of our wonderful members. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
aav
Established Contributor

Re: Just checked my FICO score through American Express and I am a 733

Congrats and yes, assuming you stay the course, you should see an increase in your scores.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, do you think I need any other lines of credit to add to my file that will increase my score upwards of 800? 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say you should wait until those baddies fall off your record before applying for another card. What are you other scores? If you were to apply for another card, depending on your other scores, your EX score of 733 is good, so you would want to find who pulls EX by looking up the credit pull database. 

Still I would just wait because once those baddies fall off, you should get a decent, though maybe not significant score bump. 

You could sign up for EX Credit Tracker. They have a simulator which helps you figure out what you can do to maximize your score.  

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is 716 and I have not checked my Transunion. I am very confused on which service to purchase to keep a track of my credit scores. MyFico is terrible expensive, Equifax only lets you pull them and Transunion and Experian only let you pull them only. I am very leary of all the scams online. Who do you use that does not cost an arm and a leg? Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be high 700's when the baddies drop off.

ETA: Take a look at CreditCheck Total. Lots of us use them.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I have looked at Credit Check however some say its just the FAKO scores. Is there scoring system accurate? Thanks for the assurance as well

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you I have looked at Credit Check however some say its just the FAKO scores. Is there scoring system accurate? Thanks for the assurance as well

It's Fico 8, the same scores that are provided here.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT is dead on FICO 8.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to add that you should check out the thread on CCT on MyFICO.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.