cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just thought of it. Does having fewer than 2 revolving accounts hurt credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just thought of it. Does having fewer than 2 revolving accounts hurt credit?

Having fewer than two accounts doesn't "hurt" you per se. But you're also not getting all the lift you can from accounts if you have so few of them. I recommend a minimum of four revolving accounts, one charge account, and an installment loan for optimal FICO boosting.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just thought of it. Does having fewer than 2 revolving accounts hurt credit?

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but what do you mean by "charge accounts"? What type of accounts fall into this category?
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chromerust wrote:
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but what do you mean by "charge accounts"? What type of accounts fall into this category?

A charge account is a store or gas card like Macy's, Target, Home Depot, Exxon, etc.  This does not include co-branded bank cards that have the MasterCard or Visa logo.

For example, a Macy's store credit card is a charge account, but the Macy's Visa is a bank card.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me Cheddar. I suppose I should go and get one now since all I have are regular CC's.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.